A fabulous fun story and art workshop for students in grade 3, 4, 5 and 6.
We all know that positive thinking does not happen by accident. Teaching students the skills of emotional resilience is vital.
Have you ever woken up and had one of those days where nothing anybody said was right? Your breakfast tastes like worms in milk, your playlunch tastes like old socks and your best friends all whisper behind your back…ever had one of those days?
Well I have, and I used to dread them. That is until I learned the secret.
And so begins the story of the “Monster on my Shoulder”.
During the 60 minute workshop students are introduced to the idea that your thoughts are within your control – and they can be monster thoughts, or inspiring thoughts.
- We discuss the short story “A Monster on my Shoulder”
- Students then discuss positive words, negative words and how they impact on your whole physiology.
- We then draw a negative monster using a unique guided illustration technique with ‘monster blocks’
- Students choose a positive word to use as their affirmation and write it on their poster.
- An Imp-spiration Imp is then drawn vanquishing the monster!
- The 3 keys to activating their successergy (success energy) are discussed in a fun cheerleading style.
Students leave the workshop with a fun outlook on how to tackle negative thoughts, and having illustrated their own affirmation poster.
Workshops cost $120 for unlimited number of students – I bring the materials needed to create the poster – just supply me with students and space!
Contact email@example.com for more information.